Skip to main content

Test Run Merrell Trail Glove 2

I finally got the chance to test my new Merrell Trail Glove 2. My Trail Glove 1 were getting old, the Vibram sole looked like an old tire, and they were also getting too tight as my feet have grown a bit in length and width over the last 3 years or so.



My excuse to switch from my Xeroshoes Connect 4 mm Huaraches was a forest trail with a lot of sharp pebbles of all sizes, extremely hard to land painlesssly on them.

But with the Trail Gloves, you can feel them all, but no pain whatsoever, no need to slow down to absorb.

This, plus the lacing system and the extra size (44 for my 43 feet), make these shoes the best running shoes for everything, road, trail, mountains, cyties, etc.

The only problem that Merrell needs to address quickly is the total lack of adherence on wet slick surfaces (pavement, rocks, tree logs). In those situations, the shoes can even become dangerous.

Merrell, please, there must be another sole material that is less slippery on wet surfaces. This will make your shoes flawless. In the meantime, I advise everybody to use other shoes when they get a chance to run in those conditions. Use Inov-8 Trailroc or Skechers Gobionic instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2013 Geneva Half: 21 kms in Huaraches

On May 5, 2013, for the Geneva Half-Marathon, I tested a "long run" in Huaraches, the running sandals of the Tarahumara people. I was not sure whether my legs and especially my calves were strong enough and springy enough to caress the ground for 21 km so I estimated my time between 2h and 2h30. The result was 2h06, i.e. exactly 10 kph and a big smile during and after. This is another step towards a full Marathon in sandals. And before this running "shoes" become a standard, I can seriously show off and the color of the soles and laces attracts girls. They cannot resist asking me where I got my sandals and if they can have the same color. Note the perfect match with the t-shirt I got at the 20 km of Lausanne just a week before.

Première sortie Salève en Huaraches 2017

Pas vite mais sympa. Reprise après un hiver à me trainer comme un sac. Dernière sortie de mes vieilles Huaraches Xeroshoes. Elles sont un peu usées de la semelle et parfois je recule sur des terrains un peu glissants. Avant d'en refaire une autre paire, je photographie l'usure pour les archives de Steven Sashen à Xeroshoes.

Dr. Stephen Phinney - 'Interactive Workshop – Optimising LCHF for Weight...