Skip to main content

No New York Marathon 2012 !!!

When I woke up last Sunday, i.e. one week before the NYC marathon, I decided not to go to for it.
En me réveillant dimanche dernier, j'ai pris la décision de ne pas aller courir le Marathon de New York.

Indeed, I was still tired and coughing. My goal was to be in shape to run 10-15 k one week before the NYC Marathon, otherwise, it would be not safe to go there, wait 5 hours in the cold, run another 4 h or so and then wait for 1 h to get dry clothes.
Mon objectif était d'être en pleine forme pour courir 10 à 15 k une semaine avant. Or, ce dimanche en me levant, j'étais encore fatigué et je toussais. Donc, la santé d'abord. Surtout que le marathon de New York implique de se lever vers 5h du matin, aller en bus ou en ferry sur Staten Island vers 6h, attendre dans le vent et le froid jusuq'à 10h30, ensuite courir pendant plus de 4h dans mon cas, et marcher après pendant au moins 30 minutes dans Central Park pour retrouver la personne qui a un sac avec des affaires sèches. 

To do this, you need to be in perfect shape. It is not a ballad in the park like the Chicago Marathon or the Berlin Marathon, where you can be at the start line 30 minutes after you leave your hotel room, and be back where you started with your dry clothes waiting for you.

Pour faire ça, vous devez être au top, car c'est loin d'être une gentille ballade comme les Marathons de Chicago ou Berlin, où on peut atteindre la ligne de départ moins d'une heure après son réveil dans sa chambre d'hôtel, et retrouver son sac avec ses affaires après une boucle touristique.


But the fundraising is still on, and I can transfer my registration to NYC 2013 !!!
Mais la récolte de fonds tient toujours et j'ai appris que je peux transférer mon inscription pour le Marathon 2013 !!!

So for those who already donated, thank you again, and you can follow my preparation for the NYC Marathon 2013, right on this blog.
Donc pour ceux qui ont déjà donné, encore un grand merci, et je vous invite à suivre ma préparation pour le Marathon de New York Edition 2013 sur ce BLOG.

For those who did not donate yet, I am still 600 $ from my fundraising goal. So, please, help me reach this goal, otherwise I have to fill the gap myself.
Et pour ceux qui n'ont pas encore donné, je suis encore à 600 $ de mon objectif. Aidez-moi a atteindre les 3000 $ sinon, je dois compléter de ma poche.

To donate, go to this link
Pour donner, aller sur ce lien
http://www.crowdrise.com/patricksalmon

And do not forget to post a message, this is always heartwarming.
Et n'oubliez pas de laisser un petit message, ça fait toujours chaud au coeur.

Yours, truly,
Avec toute mon amitié,

Patrick AKA (alias) barefootpat.org





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2013 Geneva Half: 21 kms in Huaraches

On May 5, 2013, for the Geneva Half-Marathon, I tested a "long run" in Huaraches, the running sandals of the Tarahumara people. I was not sure whether my legs and especially my calves were strong enough and springy enough to caress the ground for 21 km so I estimated my time between 2h and 2h30. The result was 2h06, i.e. exactly 10 kph and a big smile during and after. This is another step towards a full Marathon in sandals. And before this running "shoes" become a standard, I can seriously show off and the color of the soles and laces attracts girls. They cannot resist asking me where I got my sandals and if they can have the same color. Note the perfect match with the t-shirt I got at the 20 km of Lausanne just a week before.

Première sortie Salève en Huaraches 2017

Pas vite mais sympa. Reprise après un hiver à me trainer comme un sac. Dernière sortie de mes vieilles Huaraches Xeroshoes. Elles sont un peu usées de la semelle et parfois je recule sur des terrains un peu glissants. Avant d'en refaire une autre paire, je photographie l'usure pour les archives de Steven Sashen à Xeroshoes.

Dr. Stephen Phinney - 'Interactive Workshop – Optimising LCHF for Weight...