Skip to main content

Trail du Salève 2014

Dimanche 11 May 2014.

35 km, 1900 m ascend, 2200 m descend.
200 participants, 175 finishers.
The 1st one did it in 3h11. I finished 172nd after 6h45 of "running".




Again, no pain, just pleasure! And super fresh at finish. I even sprinted one last guy before the finish line. Poor guy was totally cooked.

Very lucky with the weather, it rained the night and days before, and we had a storm after, but no rain during it.
Just very slippery in some places.

A very good training for the Eiger Ultra and the Samaria Ultra Kayathlon.

And a Bière du Salève as prize. Nice!



My Inov-8 Trailroc 235. Probably the best trail shoes around these days with the Merrell Ascend Gloves.





Note the cheering crowd!!!





La Grange Gaby: Un point central pour de nombreux trails dans le Salève.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2013 Geneva Half: 21 kms in Huaraches

On May 5, 2013, for the Geneva Half-Marathon, I tested a "long run" in Huaraches, the running sandals of the Tarahumara people. I was not sure whether my legs and especially my calves were strong enough and springy enough to caress the ground for 21 km so I estimated my time between 2h and 2h30. The result was 2h06, i.e. exactly 10 kph and a big smile during and after. This is another step towards a full Marathon in sandals. And before this running "shoes" become a standard, I can seriously show off and the color of the soles and laces attracts girls. They cannot resist asking me where I got my sandals and if they can have the same color. Note the perfect match with the t-shirt I got at the 20 km of Lausanne just a week before.

Dr. Stephen Phinney - 'Interactive Workshop – Optimising LCHF for Weight...